Individual Membership of The European Association of Neurosurgical Societies
Individual Membership of the EANS offers a great chance to become a more active part of the European neurosurgical family.
Non-European neurosurgeons are also very welcome to join as International Individual Members (see below for the full list of membership types).
Printed access to Acta Neurochirurgica
Online access to Acta Neurochirurgica
|Discounts on standard registration fees for EANS events||Unlimited access to the EANS Academy||Opportunity to stand for EANS office|
|Associated Specialty online||*||*||*|
World Bank Low Income Country Online Only
World Bank Low-middle Income Country Online Only
World Bank Fragile Country Online Only
An exhaustive list of membership benefits is available at the bottom of the page.
***The Medical student membership type will not allow you to apply for awards/examinations/fellowships which require candidates to be individual members of the EANS., nor for discounted registration fees at EANS/Third Part events. Those wishing to take advantage of these benefits should select junior membership.
|Who is eligible?||Online|
A fully trained and qualified practising neurosurgeon within EANS member countries (all countries within the accepted political definition of Europe, plus Israel, Russia and Kazakhstan
|A neurosurgeon who has not yet completed their training.||125||75|
|Senior||A neurosurgeon completely retired or non-practising.||125||75|
|International||A fully trained and qualified practising neurosurgeon, usually living outside Europe.||200||75|
|Associated Specialty||Someone who is not a neurosurgeon, but who works in a related medical specialty, for example, interventional neuroradiology, etc.||200||75|
|Medical student||Someone currently studying for their medical degree or who has not yet specialised, and is interested in neurosurgery.||-||25|
|World Bank Low Income Country Online Only||Full/junior member of a neurosurgical society resident in one of the countries in this list with online access to Acta Neurochirurgica, but without the provision of a postal copy of Acta.||-||10|
|World Bank Low-middle Income Country Online Only||Full/junior member of a neurosurgical society resident in one of the countries in this list with online access to Acta Neurochirurgica, but without the provision of a postal copy of Acta.||-||25|
|World Bank Fragile Country Online Only||Full/junior member of a neurosurgical society resident in one of the countries in this list with online access to Acta Neurochirurgica, but without the provision of a postal copy of Acta.||-||25|
|Printed and online access to Acta Neurochirurgica||
Applications for Junior membership and Medical Student membership must include the date you expect to qualify. Please note that all Junior members will automatically be upgraded to Full membership six years after application.
All prices in EURO (€) per annum.
The EANS membership subscription is valid 365 days from the day of application, so no matter when you join, your renewal will be due in a year time.
As an Individual Member you will benefit from:
• Free online and/or printed access to Acta Neurochirurgica, which allows you to read and download fulltext versions of the articles in PDF
• Free unlimited online access to the EANS Academy
• Discounts on standard registration fees to EANS meetings and educational events, as well as from selected partners
• Discounted rates on various neurosurgical publications, including online access to our EANS bookstore
• All IMs are invited to attend the annual EANS AGM (held on the Sunday afternoon of our Congress)
• Access to the interactive members’ section of our website
• The opportunity to apply for EANS awards, fellowships and observerships
• Regular information by email about neurosurgical news and events via our EANS newsletters
• Access to our database to personalise your profile
• Your own membership card, which provides further benefits to you at EANS events, such as:
- Our fast-track registration system (where available) meaning that you avoid all the queues at our EANS events
To avoid disappointment in receiving your card, please renew your membership (if applicable) and then update your address details on the members page of the EANS website. Cards will only be sent to EANS individual members whose membership is still valid- in other words, those who are up to date with their membership fees. If you are unsure whether you have paid your membership, please contact Lucinda Foster.
We are currently looking into possibilities and resources for offering more interesting bonuses to our members as well as for developing the EANS website into an interactive meeting point for European neurosurgeons.
Any suggestions, queries and ideas are very welcome - we'd love to hear from you, so please contact Lucinda Foster.