EANS Observerships sponsored by Codman Neuro
The EANS is delighted to introduce the Observerships sponsored by Codman Neuro. The four six-week observerships will take place at one of six leading European neurosurgical centres:
· Charité Universitätsmedizin, Berlin, Germany
· Rigshospitalet , Copenhagen, Denmark
· Hopital de la Timone , Marseille, France
· Istituto Neurologico Carlo Besta, Milano, Italy
· National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery, London, UK
· University Hospital, Zurich, Switzerland
Historically, the four successful recipients have been selected from the following categories:
- One fellowship will be awarded to a participant at the EANS Hands-On course, selected by the faculty as the most promising delegate
- Two fellowships will be awarded to candidates from the emerging markets (within the EMEA region)
- A fourth fellowship will be open to all candidates within the rest of Europe.
The successful recipients of the observerships are selected by the EANS Training Committee according to the following criteria:
- Academic merits and training to date
- Credentials and personal recommendations
- Rationale for application
- Reviewers' perception of the extent to which the candidate would benefit from the observership
- Competence in the language of the selected host clinics.
Submissions are not open at the moment. We expect to open applications for 2017 EANS Observerships sponsored by Codman Neuro shortly.
You will be asked to submit a short (one A4 page) English CV, a personal statement indicating the unit(s) you are interested in, and why you are a suitable candidate. You may also enclose supporting letters from your head of department and/or other referees.
The stipend will provide financial support of €4,500 for the six-week period. You will be responsible for funding your own travel and accommodation from this sum; some units are able to assist with accommodation arrangements.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.